[ga] ICANN Meetups

Dear all,

Sotiris and Bruce have mentioned it on the At Large
mailing list, and I think it's an interesting idea:

ICANN Meetups.
Face-to-face ICANN meetings with people in your vicinity.
Not organized by anyone, just facilitated by Meetup.com
(and no, I'm not paid by them :)).

They take place every 3rd Wednesday of the month
at 7.00 pm. They take place where you are -- currently,
there are 548 cities (mostly US, but you can help them
add your home town). It's just a matter of finding
people near you at http://icann.meetup.com/

I'm sure it makes a difference whether you attend
the one in San Jose (with Denise Michel), in
San Francisco (where Esther Dyson might turn up) or
Auckland, New Zealand (Joop Teernsta's home turf).
As I write this, there are eight ICANN Meetup cities,
but unfortunately, each one has only one member.
But then again, Meetup.com is very new and the
idea will spread.

The next ICANN Meetup is tomorrow, which is probably
too soon for most of us. But maybe those who are
interested should mark the following two days in
their calendar:
 - 21 August 2002, 7.00 pm
 - 18 September 2002, 7.00 pm

Best regards,