Re: [ga] Thoughts/question on the WLS

On 2002-07-12 09:31:47 -0700, Bret Fausett wrote:

>The registrars have already tacitly agreed that not all
>anticompetitive acts taken by those under contract with ICANN are
>ICANN's responsibility to sort out.

Nobody could disagree with this.  As I said before, WLS has some
aspects which may best be dealt with in court, and some aspects
which can _only_ be dealt with within the ICANN process: Squashing
existing businesses isn't something you can fix by establishing and
enforcing a consensus policy - just like illegal advertising,
defamation, and all that stuff.  Hoarding, however, is an issue
which could be fixed that way - and it should be fixed, _before_ WLS
can start.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/