Re: [ga] WLS: Mental Exercize

Marc and all assembly members,

  I personally don't see the debate/discussion on WLS or WLS
itself as any kind of mental exercise of any real complexity.

  So, to answer your question below, NO, regardless as to
whom or what entity/corp./organization that is offering
or considering WLS, I don't believe it is desired/wanted.

  It is not wanted for several reasons, some good reasons,
some not so good.  But it's fundamental flaw is that it
does not address the Delete Problem for expired, abandon,
or delinquent Domain Names in any complete or truly
meaningful way.

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> Discussing the WLS reasons get mixed up easily. We don't want it, so we
> pile up everything we can find, different levels get intertwined.
>
> Now, if we would suppose that the WLS would not be run by Verisign, but by
> some other company? Would we then like it? If it was put up for bidding?
> Company with the lowest price gets it? Then the wholesale price could
> become something like $ 2.00?

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827