Re: [ga] Is worldcom cranking up the PR machine? CNBC article:"The wise OLD man of the Internet"

Don and all assembly members,

  Allan obviously does not do his homework and therefore
does not know what he is talking about in this instance
Thank you for beating me to the punch here Don in posting
this history on Vint.  In any event, all one has to do is
pull the 10k and 10q from the SEC and the recent legal
fraud filings to get the appropriate information for themselves.

So the FUD is from Allan!

Don Brown wrote:

> According to his CV, he is an officer of WorldCom.
> (Long list of cc's was snipped in responding)
>
> VITA
> Vinton Gray Cerf
> 1-8-2002
>
> Educational History
>
> Van Nuys High School, Van Nuys, CA
> Graduated: Feb 1961
>
> B.S. Math, Computer Science, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 1965
> M.S. Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1970
> Ph.D. Computer Science, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1972
>
> Employment History
>
> November 1999 - Present
>
> WorldCom Corporation
> 22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115
> Ashburn, VA 20147
>
> Senior Vice President for Internet Architecture and Technology
> Responsible for design and development of advanced networking and Internet systems
>
> September 1998 - Nov 1999
>
> MCI WorldCom Corporation
> 2100 Reston Parkway, 6th Floor
> Reston, VA 20191
>
> Senior Vice President for Internet Architecture and Technology
> Responsible for design and development of advanced Internet systems
>
> January 1996 - September 1998
>
> MCI Communications Corporation
> 2100 Reston Parkway, 6th Floor
> Reston, VA 20191
>
> Senior Vice President for Internet Architecture and Engineering.
> Responsible for design and engineering of MCI Internet system and services.
>
> February 1994 - December 1995
>
> MCI Telecommunications Corporation
> 2100 Reston Parkway, 6th Floor
> Reston, VA 20191
>
> Senior Vice President for Data Architecture.
> Responsible for architectural design of MCI Data and Information Services
>
> October 1982 - May 1986
>
> MCI Digital and Information Services Company
> 2000 M Street, NW
> Washington, DC 20036
>
> Vice President of Engineering
> Responsible for the design and implementation of MCI Mail.
>
> Member of the Board of Directors:
>
> 2BNatural Inc. (April 2000 - Present)
> AfriQ*Access, Inc (Oct 2000 - Present)
> AVANEX (December 1999 - Present)
> B2B Video Networks (April 2000 - Present)
> CoSine Corporation (April 2000 - Present)
> Endowment for Excellence in Education (1999 - Present)
> Folger Shakespeare Library (September 2000 - Present)
> FTP Software (1994 - 1998) - acquired
> Gallaudet University (January 1997- Present)
> Hynomics, Inc. (September 1998 - Present)
> Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (Sept 1999 - Present) (chairman Nov. 2000 - present)
> Internet Policy Institute (November 1999 - 2001) - out of business
> Internet Society (January 1992 - June 2001)
> Interprophet (1998 - September 2000) - out of business
> WorldCom Foundation (January 1999 - Present)
> Nuance (December 1999 - Present)
>
> Full text at:
> http://www1.worldcom.com/global/resources/cerfs_up/personal_perspective/cerfprofile.xml

> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827