Re: [ga] Is worldcom cranking up the PR machine? CNBC article:"The wise OLD man of the Internet"

Fist, a VP is an officer of a corporation. Even an Assistant VP is a
corporate officer.  However, a VP is not always an executive
officer; the latter being those listed on the firm's 10K, etc. I have
held VP and President positions, all of which were officer positions,
but some of which were not executive officer positions. This
experience includes that with a NYSE traded Fortune 500 firm, not any
different, in the corporate scope of things, than WorldCom.

Second, I didn't say anything about him being on the BoD, did I.

Third, I didn't say that he was guilty of anything or had personal
knowledge of anything, did I.

Finally, Cerf's CV speaks for itself, which is why I posted it.

Tuesday, July 9, 2002, 9:22:36 AM, Allan Liska <allan@allan.org> wrote:
AL> Hello Don,

AL> Tuesday, July 09, 2002, 8:42:48 AM, you wrote:

DB>> According to his CV, he is an officer of WorldCom.
DB>> (Long list of cc's was snipped in responding)

DB>> Employment History

DB>> November 1999 - Present

DB>> WorldCom Corporation
DB>> 22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115
DB>> Ashburn, VA 20147

DB>> Senior Vice President for Internet Architecture and Technology
DB>> Responsible for design and development of advanced networking and Internet systems

AL> Sorry, Senior Vice President != Officer.  There are very specific
AL> guidelines as to what positions constitute an officer of a
AL> corporation and SVP is not one of them.

DB>> WorldCom Foundation (January 1999 - Present)

AL> WorldCom Foundation != WorldCom.  The WorldCom Foundation is a charity
AL> organization, it is not the same thing as the WorldCom Board of
AL> Directors.  You can read about the WorldCom Foundation here:

AL> http://marcopolo.worldcom.com/

AL> Again, there is no evidence that Vint knew anything about the
AL> accounting practices at WorldCom and, given the size of WorldCom,
AL> there is no reasonable expectation that he could have known.

AL> Given the way the congresscritters are out for blood over this, I
AL> imagine if it was remotely possible that he was involved he would have
AL> been subpoenad yesterday along with the company's officers.

AL> allan
AL> --
AL> Allan Liska
AL> allan@allan.org
AL> http://www.allan.org

AL> --
AL> This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

----
Don Brown - Dallas, Texas USA     Internet Concepts, Inc.
donbrown_l@inetconcepts.net         http://www.inetconcepts.net
PGP Key ID: 04C99A55              (972) 788-2364  Fax: (972) 788-5049
Providing Internet Solutions Worldwide - An eDataWeb Affiliate
----