Re: [ga] Grace and Redemption

Joe and all assembly members,

Joe Baptista wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Andy Gardner wrote:
>
> > And let's face it. With the option to pay for up to 10 years in advance,
> > there really is no excuse!
> >
> > This extended grace period just keeps names out of circulation longer,
> > which is inefficient.
>
> let's not forget rediculous.  i deleted pccf.net recently from netsol and
> it's still listed.

  Are you surprised?  I am not.  >;)

> i don't think one needs a grace period.  in a perfect world the only rule
> of law policy the governments can contribute is that new domain owners of
> a formerly used domain do not register it to committ fraud.

  Agreed.  The problem arises is the whom is going to enforce such
a law?  And will they do so actively and efficiently?  I doubt that
any government will.

> this concerns me with respect to pccf.net

  I for one can understand that...  I am sure others do as well...

> but i'm assuming no one will abuse that.

  With ICANN registrars I would not make such an assumption.
The ICANN BOD and staff have shown clearly that they cannot,
or will not do their already obligated and contracted duty to doing
oversight of their own "Accredited Registrars" or "Accredited
Registries".

> regards
> joe baptista

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827