Re: [ga] i just sent the following to south africa

At 10:29 p.m. 10/06/2002 -0700, William X Walsh wrote:
>Monday, June 10, 2002, 4:07:20 PM, Joop Teernstra wrote:
>
> > Awareness of the fact that William X. Walsh contracted to write the
> > software (POSSR2) for pacificroot , but maintains in public that he
> opposes
> > "alternate" roots
>
>And I despise you, in public and private, Joop.  However, if you
>contracted with me to write you a piece of software, I'd do it too.

The points that you do not want to get  are still standing:

1.  When it comes to surveillance or customer treatment AltRoots are as
much in need of public confidence as the  ICANN/USG root.    Rogue roots
are utterly unaccountable.
2.  Registry software for pacificroot is written by someone who professes
publicly to be against alternate roots.

You want to spin this as a matter of personal dislike-- I don't. I say that
either the software coder is unprincipled and the rogue foolish or things
are not what they seem.
If a sensible altroot operator  was in need of registry software, would he
ever contract with someone whom he knew as an opponent of the very idea?