Re: [ga] i just sent the following to south africa

At 10:09 a.m. 9/06/2002 -0400, Joe Baptista wrote:

>So if you trust the US government to control your computer then keep
>using them - if not create your own.
>
>We use a commercial root provider for resolution - www.pacificroot.com
>and as a result have access to a much larger internet system.

Allow me a small chuckle, Joe.

Who guarantees these sods that pacificroot, operated from Marina del Rey by
an ex-DoD network guy with a rather colourful past,  (someone who once
proudly mentioned a "done deal, and that's all I'm going to say about it"
with ICANN staff about the non-recognition of the IDNO and who then
proceeded to infiltrate the ORSC) is NOT involved in traffic surveillance?

--Joop