Re: [ga] i just sent the following to south africa

Hmmmm, perhaps that is why choice is good, Joop, although I can't think of
a reason why pacroot would want to monitor traffic in the manner to which
Joe refers.  For that matter, ORSC could do the same, but again, why would
they?  The USG would be more likely to do this, as would other governments.

Choice is always good.  The more roots in operation, the more choice.
Personally, I enjoy having the entire "net" at my disposal, but the more
important point is that if there were a problem with the USG root, I'm
covered.  I can, at will, change which root I use.  Joe's point is that
there is a need for more root systems and especially for those areas that
are being hurt by the ICANN/IANA's lack of cooperation with ccTLDs such as
.NZ.  Nothing is infallible and all roots can fail at one time or another.
 The more, the better.

Leah