Re: [ga] Conflict of Interest re .ORG: Dr. Robert Blokzijl

Marc and all assembly members,

  Yes ICANN has a pretty good COI policy.  The problem is that
the ICANN BOD and staff do no follow their own policies or at
least only apply them on a piece meal basis.  That's frankly, dead
wrong.

  I am also not surprised the Mr. Blokzijl E-Mail address is not listed
on the ICANN Web Site in the Biographical section either.  He is
likely trying to hide presently.

Marc Schneiders wrote:

> Dear Dr. Lynn,
>
> Recently a conflict of interest (COI) of ICANN Board member Dr.  Robert
> Blokzijl in the context of the reassignment of .ORG has been discussed on
> both icannwatch.org (May 14) and the discussion list of the NCDNHC of the
> DNSO.  So far no reaction has come to my attention from either Dr.
> Blokzijl or ICANN.
>
> As you know, ICANN has a very clear COI policy. Professor Jonathan
> Weinberg convincingly showed, at least to my mind, that the facts that
> have been brought to light, merit action under this policy. His analysis
> is archived at:
>
> http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-May/002249.html
>
> (Cf. also http://www.icann-ncc.org/pipermail/discuss/2002-May/002235.html)
>
> I would like to ask you to take any action necessary to inform all
> stakeholders (which I would think include in this case all registrants and
> users of .ORG domains) ASAP (the facts have been out for 5 days now...)
> about the steps that have been taken to resolve this issue speedily.
>
> A statement of Dr. Blokzijl himself could, naturally, also be useful. I
> would have liked to cc this message to him. There is, however, no email
> address available from his biography page on the ICANN website.
>
> Thank you for your time!
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> --
> Marc Schneiders
> Member AdCom NCDNHC
> Member ORG NC TF

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827