Re: [ga] robots.txt

Sotiris and all assembly members,

  I am kinda late on this thread.  But I noticed this some time ago
now and should have mentioned that DNSO.org deploys such a
foolish Robots.txt file.  As WXW rightly pointed out it can
be routed around easily ignoring it using another bot, as we do
or in the search engine you are using and WXW indicated...

  Just another one of those things that ICANN deploys that is so
out of date it is easy to route around, like many other things
ICANN does...  Ah well, such is life I guess...  But like
the problem's ICANN and the DNSO webmaster's have had
in keeping the mailing list up or the web sites available one has
to wonder how they can really handle even managing the
Technical aspects of their contracted requirements...
PRetty pitiful if you ask me...

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> In case anybody was wondering what the robots.txt file is for:
>
> http://www.robotstxt.org/wc/norobots.html
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
>
> George Kirikos wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >I was curious as to why the DNSO website has a very restrictive
> >robots.txt file:
> >
> >http://www.dnso.org/robots.txt
> >
> >With the top 3 lines of:

> >Disallow: /constituency/work/
> >Disallow: /clubpublic/
> >
> >it means that search engines like Google can't index the website
> >(including mailing lists), and since the website itself lacks search
> >capabilities, it's hard to find material (e.g. old posts) quickly.
> >
> >PROPOSAL: That the DNSO webmaster delete the current robot.txt file
> >entirely.
> >
> >In this day and age with cheap bandwidth, I'm sure allowing the website
> >to be indexed by Google and others wouldn't be costly, and has so many
> >benefits.
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >George Kirikos
> >http://www.kirikos.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827