Re: [ga] DNSO.org web site and robots.txt

Hi Marc,

--- Marc Schneiders <marc@fuchsia.bijt.net> wrote:
> I am not so sure I agree. I do see the advantages. On the other hand
> it
> means opening up email addresses for spam harvesting, as well as
> sacrificing all posters privacy. It might make people think twice
> before
> posting. (I know, some should :-)

Most malicious spam harvesting programs wouldn't respect a robots.txt
file, in any event. If the website could be indexed through a different
method (i.e. allow a "site search" using various site indexers that can
be installed by the webmaster), that's another alternative.

Another positive benefit is that my Google page rank would start to
rise even higher, as more links point to my personal website. ;)

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/ <-- increase my Google link popularity! :)