Re: [ga] an ISC

At 07:15 a.m. 18/05/2002 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

>>...which will guarantee a potential to hold them hostage in an IDNO style
>>paralysis, especially when mailing lists are the sole means of
>>self-organizing and charter-writing. (GA clone)
>
>As opposed to web forums, where the _only_ archive available is
>under central control?

Is this a diversion? A "vorsetz" to a troll?

I said *sole means* and I mean that there should be tools, more
constructive and *additional* to mailing lists.

Also, web forum archives need only a few volunteer watchdogs to take
regular snapshots of the site's content to watch over its integrity. The
"central control" means nothing in the open internet environment.
Editing happens either under public oversight and democratic agreement, or
it is exposed as unilateral tampering.

Mailing lists are the beloved tool for those who want to force their
"opinion" into everybody's mail box,  provoke angry reactions, create
diversions and stir up emotions.  At least one posting in this thread is a
good example of it.

One of the reasons that the GA isn't getting anywhere is its dependence on
a noisy mailing list without any other medium to solidify consensus in.

--Joop