Re: Membership criteria - was [ga] NC BS

At 11:13 PM 17/05/02 -0400, t byfield wrote:

>keep in mind that kent's experience also involves
>the AL registration software...

Ya, am well aware of that. Didn't mention it because
Kent was ostensibly only involved in the technical
end, though he did regale the ALSC forum with tales
of a day of infamy when the Japanese might have been
launching a sneak attack. His trigger finger was
clearly itching on the DEL key, but he couldn't
be sure if they were friendlies or the perfidious
uninformed. At the last minute he let the bits
fly by, and he still has the scars to prove it.

>but really, the idea that outreach/input promoted
>by motion #1 should be spoken of in the same context
>as (alleged) ballot-stuffing is ludicrous.

If one is 1 of say, 500 GA voters, or x number of GA
posters, one has more influence than if the numbers
are bumped up via *any* outreach. The same is true for
any of us, but some of us aren't so frightened by that.

>(btw, where's crocker when you need him?

That part (and the other) of the C.C.Cyberus have
been out barking at traffic caused by the revelations
concerning the Blokzijl bunkmates.

I guess he heard His Master's Voice:
Cry havoc, and let slip the pups of misinfowar.

I mentioned this on ICANNWatch:
http://www.icannwatch.org/article.php?thold=-1&mode=flat&order=0&sid=744#6110

where, as you know, one needn't be so reserved,
and can call a spayed a spayed.

And it gets worse. From fsckedco:
http://comments.fuckedcompany.com/phpcomments/index.php?newsid=80174&sid=1&page=14&parentid=0&crapfilter=0

Sounds like another round of layoffs at NeuLevel,
also that the neulevel.com message I reported may
have been caused by an about to be ex-employee,
as I'd theorized to newsbytes (which is also
now rumored to be toast). If NeuLevel doesn't
get .org it appears that dog may no longer hunt.

And if one subscribes to the domino theory...
Snapnames just laid off a bunch and its CEO
jumped. Something to do with that WLS delay.

One can hear Verisign to ICANN:
We need WLS or we're in big trouble.

And one can hear NeuLevel to ICANN:
We need .org or we're in bigger trouble.

And along comes the GA:
We need a rebid.

I suspect they'll run with the big dogs.

>these unsubstantiated allegations should be enough
>to tie his thunderbags in a knot complex enough to
>stop string-theorists dead in their tracks.)

Seems the ICANN superstring is about played out. -g