Re: [ga] New registrations

At 08:02 PM 14/05/02 +0200, Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

>The Voting Registry includes since today an information
>about registration date, cf.
>http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/rosterindex.html
>
>3 lists are provided:
>DNSO voting registry sorted by Country
>DNSO voting registry sorted by LastName
>DNSO voting registry sorted by Registration Date

This doesn't appear to be entirely accurate, the last
seems to be the last ACKgenerated date, not the original
Registration Date. While I am listed here:
http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/rosterbyackgenerated.html

and on the other two database sorts as having registered on
2002-05-06, in fact the only thing that happened about then
was I updated my email address as my old mailserver died.

EG: I am listed as voting (and did vote) in April 2001:
http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b04fullrecord.html

and have taken part in each vote since I first registered on
or about 2000-05-22. So, while I may be a recent poster (I
figured I'd say something before they turned the lights out),
I joined soon after the opportunity first availed itself.

Such situations as mine thus might skew the data regarding
so-called New registrations. -g