Re: [ga] Auerbach vs. ICANN update

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ken Stubbs" <kstubbs@digitel.net>
To: <james.love@cptech.org>
Cc: "General assembly list" <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Friday, April 19, 2002 8:24 PM
Subject: Re: [ga] Auerbach vs. ICANN update

> it would seem to me that maybe your pointing the finger in the wrong
> direction here Jamie.  We might also question whether the suit was
frivolous
> to begin with.
>
> you accomplish very little by trying  to personalize this litigation..
> (unless your just trying to keep the pot at a boil...)
>
> also... your selective generalizations tend to reflect a bit of a bias
here
> jamie..

    Ken, I have to tell you this is a strange response to the ICANN brief.
If you haven't read it, read it.  You say I am trying to  "personalize this
litigation" ???   Did you read what ICANN said about Karl?

      With regard to "bias"?   That exactly does this mean?   I have
opinions.  So do you.  The ICANN brief says they shouldn't have to give Karl
the records because he rocks the boat, even noting how many times he doesn't
vote in the majority as a reason for not giving him access to the records.
Does this strike you as OK?     And the gall of ICANN lawyers to quesiton
Karl's mandate on the basis of the votes......  What was that about?  This
is an organization who can't explain to anyone how the board is picked.

   ICANN is not a start up Internet company... it is an organization that
seeks a global mandate to govern .  Govern what?  is yet to be decided.
Stuff like this lawsuit doesn't provide alot of trust.    Why doesn't the
ICANN board tell Karl they can settle this informally, and fix the problem.
Why do we need lawyers for this?  Give him what he is asking for, or at
least set up a reason process to make it happen in our lifetimes.    This
has to be less work than the litigation.

  Jamie