Re: [ga] Time to regulate the Re-Sellers

Michael,

I disagree with your conclusion that <<This is not ICANN's mission.  It is
not a technical issue AT ALL>>

As you well know, ICANN's current mission is not restricted "only" to
technical matters, as is made clear by the language in the MOU, such as:
"Collaborate on the design, development, and testing of a plan for
introduction of competition in domain name registration services"

This part of our Mission calls for the establishment of "policy" to attend to
competitive concerns.    Perhaps you would like ICANN to re-define its
mission, but at the moment the creation of policies to govern competitive
practices is indeed within our mission.