Re: [ga] Substance over rhetoric - a constructive challenge

William X Walsh wrote:

> Tuesday, Tuesday, March 19, 2002, 5:58:07 AM, Esther Dyson wrote:
>
> > Okay... Joanna, would you be willing to take this on fulltime if you were
> > elected/selected/whatever?
<snip>

> Your candidate was really one of the best choices that could have been
> made.  They are not bashing the choice, they are bashing you making
> it.

Not only were you proven WRONG about Joanna's statements
(wrong is actually the incorrect term, you were being
intentionally misleading as per your tactics on these
lists), but you are definitely WRONG here.  Alexander
Svensson has shown everyone how "inclusive" minded he is
by handing out an excessive two month suspension from the
GA list to Jeff Williams for exceeding a posting limit!
Whatever else he may be, Mr. Svennson has shown us he is
not inclusive minded, and therefore not the sort of
staffer the AtLarge requires, I'm afraid...  Furthermore,
if Mz. Dyson wishes to manipulate the AtLarge by attaching
strings to her pledge of financial support (i.e. the
unilateral appointment of A. Svennson by herself) then
we're better off without her "challenge" and its
condition(s).  Self-determination is the only way for the
AtLarge to proceed.  Mz. Dyson and her ALSC are part of
the problem(s) and NOT the solution(s).  Too bad for Alex
that he was associated with her in this context.  If she
had some tact, she'd have let someone else nominate him.
But, she jumped the gun and got the (dis)credit she
deserves.

--
Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos