[ga] Structure: ToRs and Deadlines.

On 2002-03-14 11:50:34 -0500, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:

>Thomas and Alexander have both, without hesitation, taken on a
>tremendous amount of work that they could easily have ducked.

Almost all of the credits and thanks from this GA (and all the
credits and thanks I have to offer) should really go to Alexander.
He's the one who took the yellow fever vaccination and represented
the GA during the Accra meetings.  He did a great and very
impressive job at that.

Anyway, I believe that this is actually not the time for any kind of
celebrations.

The Evolution and Reform Committee under Alejandro Pisanty which has
been chartered today is going to publish its proposals no later than
May 31.  The deadline for a DNSO response is May 15.

Philip Sheppard has already posted a very first draft for the terms
of reference for the names council's work on a response to the Lynn
proposal, which you may wish to have a look at and comment on ASAP,
since these ToRs will also partially determine what the GA should
work on in the six weeks ahead.  I'm going to relay a summary of
comments received to the NC list.

For the draft ToRs, see
<http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc09/msg00266.html>.  The
names council is going to vote on these during its March 22
telephone conference, according to current planning.

Also, please bookmark <http://does-not-exist.org/ga-structure/>, and
have an occasional look at that site.

Finally, if I understand Alexander's notes correctly (I didn't
listen to the webcast at that point of time), the DNSO may also have
to meet a two-week deadline (i.e., Easter holidays) concerning the
Redemption Grace Period. This will most likely be clarified when the
verbatim minutes are posted by ICANN.

--
Thomas Roessler                          http://log.does-not-exist.org/