Re: [ga] Structure: ToRs and Deadlines.

Dear GA,

I also urge everyone to look at Thomas' helpful collection
of documents at http://does-not-exist.org/ga-structure/
and the proposed terms of reference posted by Philip
Sheppard on the Names Council list:

At 14.03.2002 18:43, Thomas Roessler wrote:
>Almost all of the credits and thanks from this GA (and all the credits and thanks I have to offer) should really go to Alexander. He's the one who took the yellow fever vaccination and represented the GA during the Accra meetings.  He did a great and very impressive job at that.

Actually, it was just Polio and Hepatitis twice. ;) For help for
and at the GA meeting, I owe thanks to a number of people -- Kevin
Hurley and Krystal Sewell from Salzburg Seminar/Markle Foundation
for travel support and Adam Peake for local organizing; Marilyn Cade
for joint coordination of the Deletes/WLS session; the panel
participants Ross Rader, Chuck Gomes, Dan Halloran, Louis Touton,
Esther Dyson, Pindar Wong, Alan Davidson, Jeanette Hofmann and Hans
Klein; of course Thomas for the usual excellent cooperation and for
setting up the IRC-to-web scribe system; Glen de Saint Gery
from DNSO Secretariat, John Crain from ICANN and to the local
organizers. Thank /you/!

>[...]
>Finally, if I understand Alexander's notes correctly (I didn't listen to the webcast at that point of time), the DNSO may also have to meet a two-week deadline (i.e., Easter holidays) concerning the Redemption Grace Period. This will most likely be clarified when the verbatim minutes are posted by ICANN.

Yes, that's correct. If the DNSO is to surprise ICANN with any
input for the technical steering group for the redemption grace
period, it has got fourteen days.

Best -- and rather exhausted -- regards from Accra,
/// Alexander