[ga] Sen. Burns to the Chair of the Commerce Committee

 From a letter dated March 6.

"In the wake of such statements,[the Lynn Staments] I strongly believe it
is time we
    re-visit the issue and find some solutions to the serious problems
    facing ICANN and the future of Internet governance. While ICANN is
    currently a fundamentally flawed and ineffective governing entity,
    proper oversight by the Committee could help redirect it back to its
    core mission of ensuring the stable and secure management of the
    Internet domain system. Obviously, more fundamental questions also
    need to be addressed, such as whether ICANN is even the most
    appropriate organization to be tasked with such a critical mission,
    which is central to our national security."

--Joop