Re: [ga] Sen. Burns to the Chair of the Commerce Committee

Joop Teernstra wrote:

>  From a letter dated March 6.
>
> "In the wake of such statements,[the Lynn Staments] I strongly believe it
> is time we
>     re-visit the issue and find some solutions to the serious problems
>     facing ICANN and the future of Internet governance. While ICANN is
>     currently a fundamentally flawed and ineffective governing entity,
>     proper oversight by the Committee could help redirect it back to its
>     core mission of ensuring the stable and secure management of the
>     Internet domain system. Obviously, more fundamental questions also
>     need to be addressed, such as whether ICANN is even the most
>     appropriate organization to be tasked with such a critical mission,
>     which is central to our national security."

There it is, the "national security" trump card played at
long last.  Did anyone ever doubt it would be?  Not I.
The US never really had any intention of handing control
over the root to anyone, least of all an
pseudo-international body a.k.a. ICANN.

Thanks for playing ladies and gents, but Yankee Doodle
dandy rigged the game right from the get-go.  Heehaw!

--
Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos
	Hermes Network Inc.