Re: [ga] Sen. Burns to the Chair of the Commerce Committee

Hello,

--- Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@hermesnetwork.com> wrote:
> The US never really had any intention of handing control
> over the root to anyone, least of all an
> pseudo-international body a.k.a. ICANN.

Personally, I have no problems with US control over the root. Having it
in the hands of a stable democracy with a mature legal system seems
preferable to that of a quasi-UN board, with unknown intentions and
difficult enforcement mechanisms. I prefer the devil I know, I suppose.
:) [I'm Canadian, by the way, so supporting the Americans isn't a
nationalistic thing for me]

What's important, though, is to not let the beast get out of control.
It's mandate should be limited to the technical issues, without policy
creep into areas beyond its scope.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/