Re[2]: [ga] Icannatlarge.com - conflict of interest

Saturday, Saturday, March 02, 2002, 8:54:28 AM, Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> "William S. Lovell" wrote:
>>
>> Again, and for heaven's sake, how many votes would ex-BoD members have?
>> Just as many as there were ex-BoD members who joined icannatlarge, no more.
>> If the cumulative membership (now passing 100) were unable to avoid electing
>>
>> an ex-BoD member to office, if that is what it fears, then the organization
>> would
>> probably deserve what it fears to get.  As Abel Wisman says, "it is the vote
>> of
>> the majority that makes a decision not the individual."

> If a proper outreach effort were instituted (i.e.
> incorporating the original AtLarge Membership contact
> lists), I would have no problem with it.  HOWEVER, if what
> we're going to end up with is the silent IP Lawyer crowd
> etc., from the GA which always has a habit of voting for
> the status quo and its reps then I am vehemently opposed.

Excluding them is not the answer, though.  All that shows is that the
community is unable to self organize.

Inclusive and open cannot be compromised.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux