From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org] On Behalf Of
DannyYounger@cs.com
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 4:12 AM
To: ga@dnso.org
Subject: [ga] GA position on the Structure TF report

In a message posted to the IDNO list David Farrar writes:  "There is no
way
at all any individuals constituency would be able to raise funds to
match
what the business groups pay.  If there is ever an individual's
constituency
the DNSO will have to recognise that individuals pay most of their money

through the registrars, ISPs and registries.  This is one reason I think
the
possibility of having the ALSO perform a dual role as an individuals
constituency within the DNSO has merit.  It will possibly avoid serious
duplication of expenses."

The latest recommendation from the IPC to the NC Structure Task Force
Policy
stipulates that ALSO input to the Board is only to be channeled by way
of the
DNSO (in which the ALM would have a mere three votes in a 24-member
council),
and further, "no policy recommendations would come from the ALSO
separately".

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-str/Arc00/msg00086.html

This proposition is a blatant attempt to attack the At-Large and should
not
be supported by the GA's representative.