Re: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] WLS Input - Greatest Good vs. Benefits of the Few

> freely quoting Chuck Gomes who all so sudden dissapeared, they will be
> looking for a broader input as of Jan 18th

That's sort of my point here Abel. Despite declarations to the contrary,
there are really only three parties at the table right now - the registrars,
SnapNames and Verisign. While this may change in the future, it is
impossible for anyone to claim support for this proposition (DNSO-wise)
outside of these circles. The policy implications impact many more than
these three parties. As I've mentioned previously, *everyone* formally
involved in the process thus far is self-interested - but somehow this
should be shameful, even if the rules for the consultation dictated to us by
the monopoly require it.

Consultation must occur, consensus must be demonstrated or the proposition
must be dropped. The rules are very simple.

But, this is just another self-interested viewpoint - we should all probably
just let this drop and move on to issues that don't affect us directly -
myself included.

-rwr