Re: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] WLS Input - Greatest Good vs. Benefitsof the Few

  • To: ga@dnso.org
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: [icann-delete] WLS Input - Greatest Good vs. Benefitsof the Few
  • From: "genie@ magi" <genie@magi.net>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:25:52 -0800
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

William:
>Perhaps you can clear up, Ron, exactly what percentage of new
>registrations those 75 non-participating registrars are responsible
>for (exclusing Verisign's own registrar, of course, whose conflict of
>interest is clear).
>
>The number of registrars is less important to me, and probably to
>most, than the number of registrations they are responsible for.

Using some data available
(bowrrowing David's math from
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc09/msg00258.html
can anyone please help with the blanks?

EST
Marketshare
------Registrar-------------------------WLS
      AW Registry (all west) mike brown opposed
1.80% ENOM - Paul	opposed
1.07% Tim - GoDaddy	opposed
      Ken Stubbs - CORE/NC
      Bob Connly - PSI Japan	obstain
11.17% Elona - Register.com	opposed
      Donny Simonton - Intercosmos	opposed
      Steve - DomainBank	opposed
      Margie - Mark Monitor	obstain
45.45% Bruce Bechwith - Verisign Registrar	n/c
      Mike Paliage
      Steinrl - Active ISP	obstain
4.34% Bruce Tonkin - MelborneIT	opposed
5.23% Tom - Bulk Registrar	opposed
1.51% Geoge - Dotster	opposed
      Sigfried - Joker 	opposed
8.38% Ross - Tucows	opposed
2.66% Werner - CORE	opposed
      Tom - Slund.de	opposed
      Jason - Media Venture
      Alice's - Rick	opposed
      David W - IA Registry	opposed
      Speed Names - Nicoli	opposed
      Rob - NameScout	opposed

>If those 75 are responsible, collectively, for less than 50% of new
>registrations, and it wouldn't surprise me if the  percentage was
>VASTLY lower than that, then your points here are really
>insignificant, and self serving.

Cheers
Genie Livingstone