Re: [ga] Thank you.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002 17:15:54 -0800, Jeff Williams
<jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Thomas Roessler wrote:
>
>> I'm writing this message on behalf of Alexander and myself.  First
>> of all, we'd like to thank you for the trust you have expressed by
>> giving us your votes.
>>
>> We'll try to make this mailing list a better place for fruitful
>> discussions on DNSO issues - under the assumption that the NC
>> chooses to follow the GA's wishes, of course. ;-)
>
>  I hope by stating the GA wishes, you mean ALL of the members
>of the GA here?  Please advise.

You do not seem to understand the context of what Thomas said.  He is
referring to the fact he is not GA Chair unless the NC endorses the
result of the GA Chair election.

On a more theoretical point it is impossible for the NC to follow the
wishes of all members of the GA as they are of course not the same.

>> Some things we'll do, or try to do:
>>
>>  - Alexander will take over list monitoring.  For the time being,
>>    he'll be the only list monitor.
>
>  I believe the current rules require three monitors, do they not?

No they do not.  The rules are at
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2000.GA-ga-rules.html

DPF
--