Re: [ga] Thank you.

Thomas and all assembly members,

  Thank you Thomas for your "Positions" here as a prelude to
addressing some general issues regarding this forum.  I am sure
some here find several of these ideas helpful and insightful.

  I have a few points that I would like to comment to the
areas you covered below.  (See more below)

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> I'm writing this message on behalf of Alexander and myself.  First
> of all, we'd like to thank you for the trust you have expressed by
> giving us your votes.
>
> We'll try to make this mailing list a better place for fruitful
> discussions on DNSO issues - under the assumption that the NC
> chooses to follow the GA's wishes, of course. ;-)

  I hope by stating the GA wishes, you mean ALL of the members
of the GA here?  Please advise.

> Some things we'll do, or try to do:
>
>  - Alexander will take over list monitoring.  For the time being,
>    he'll be the only list monitor.

  I believe the current rules require three monitors, do they not?

>  - The GA's rules of conduct and the posting limit (5 posts per day
>    and individual) will be enforced. In particular, those who are
>    currently exceeding their posting limit on a regular basis should
>    make use of the time until the names council teleconference on
>    Friday to get used to a lower posting frequency again.
>
>  - The GA summary will be posted on a half-regular basis (I'll try
>    weekly, but I can't promise).  The summary is intended to help
>    those who don't read every posting to this list to understand
>    what's going on, and not to miss the more important and
>    substantial points.  In particular, we'd appreciate if
>    representatives from DNSO constituencies could regularly forward
>    the summary to their constituencies' mailing lists.

  Excellent idea here!

>    (Of course, you can also just drop me a line and tell me where I
>    should send it.)
>
>  - We'll try to persuade the DNSO constituencies to more frequently
>    move discussions on interesting and important topics to the GA
>    list, like the registrars did with WLS.  Of course, constituency
>    members are welcome to follow the topics. ;-)
>
>  - We'll try to persuade the GA's representatives to the various task
>    forces to send reports to the GA list on a half-regular basis.
>    Look at David Farrar's report from the review task force, or at
>    Marc Schneider's latest summary on dot-org for examples.
>
>    (We'll write more on the Task Force vs. WG issue in a separate
>    posting.)
>
> You may notice that much of this involves persuading others to do
> something.  That's right.  We can't, we don't want, and we won't
> be the entertainers who fill this mailing list with discussions.

  Good point.  However you realize that determining what is and what is
not
and "Entertainer" as you put it is very subjective.  As far as I know,
and
from the current rules for this forum, there isn't a definition that such

could be measured by.  That lack could turn out to be a problem.

> However, we will try to make sure that YOU find an agreeable
> framework for intelligent discussions on this mailing list.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Thomas Roessler                        http://log.does-not-exist.org/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827