Re: [ga] Thank you.

Thank you for a somewhat clear message.

I have some "thoughts" about this however, please find them between the lines.

On Monday 14 January 2002 9:55 pm, Thomas Roessler wrote:

> We'll try to make this mailing list a better place for fruitful
> discussions on DNSO issues - under the assumption that the NC
> chooses to follow the GA's wishes, of course. ;-)

see Jeff Williams concerns

> Some things we'll do, or try to do:

>  - Alexander will take over list monitoring.  For the time being,
>    he'll be the only list monitor.

ont a good idea, one person is unable to do this task and do it objective as
well, 3 were set for a good reason, I suggest you find 2 more candidates.

>  - The GA's rules of conduct and the posting limit (5 posts per day
>    and individual) will be enforced. In particular, those who are
>    currently exceeding their posting limit on a regular basis should
>    make use of the time until the names council teleconference on
>    Friday to get used to a lower posting frequency again.

One of the main reasons for the creations of WG's has just been given

>  - The GA summary will be posted on a half-regular basis (I'll try
>    weekly, but I can't promise).  The summary is intended to help
>    those who don't read every posting to this list to understand
>    what's going on, and not to miss the more important and
>    substantial points.  In particular, we'd appreciate if
>    representatives from DNSO constituencies could regularly forward
>    the summary to their constituencies' mailing lists.

I suggest you get some help on this momentous task, since it is easy to
oversee what is and what is not important, one person doing this leads, no
matter how good the intentions are, to a subjective representation of the
content of the GA's discussion, something we should (IMO) try to prevent.

>    (Of course, you can also just drop me a line and tell me where I
>    should send it.)

>  - We'll try to persuade the DNSO constituencies to more frequently
>    move discussions on interesting and important topics to the GA
>    list, like the registrars did with WLS.  Of course, constituency
>    members are welcome to follow the topics. ;-)

Of course we can start the discussions ourselves to ?

>  - We'll try to persuade the GA's representatives to the various task
>    forces to send reports to the GA list on a half-regular basis.
>    Look at David Farrar's report from the review task force, or at
>    Marc Schneider's latest summary on dot-org for examples.

Though i can see the persuasion reasons it is also my opinion that once a
representative is voted into position he/she has a task to inform the GA
regularly (weekly at least) of progress or lack thereof in said TF.
If such were not a prerequisite then why even bother to call them
representative, one would assume they would draw heavily on feedback from the
GA in order to represent the GA.

>    (We'll write more on the Task Force vs. WG issue in a separate
>    posting.)

I'll asnwer that seperately too (if I'm not exceeding my maximum)

> You may notice that much of this involves persuading others to do
> something.  That's right.  We can't, we don't want, and we won't
> be the entertainers who fill this mailing list with discussions.

Well rest assured that was nto the reason for the appointment as far as I
know.

> However, we will try to make sure that YOU find an agreeable
> framework for intelligent discussions on this mailing list.

Well considering the above it seems some discussion shall follow, but I
assume this was expected.

> Thanks.

regards,

--