Re[2]: [ga] Thank you.

Monday, Monday, January 14, 2002, 4:10:51 PM, Abel Wisman wrote:

> Thank you for a somewhat clear message.

> I have some "thoughts" about this however, please find them between the lines.

> On Monday 14 January 2002 9:55 pm, Thomas Roessler wrote:

>> We'll try to make this mailing list a better place for fruitful
>> discussions on DNSO issues - under the assumption that the NC
>> chooses to follow the GA's wishes, of course. ;-)

> see Jeff Williams concerns

Hmm, I'll ask Darrell to repost the JW FAQ for you.

>> Some things we'll do, or try to do:

>>  - Alexander will take over list monitoring.  For the time being,
>>    he'll be the only list monitor.

> ont a good idea, one person is unable to do this task and do it objective as
> well, 3 were set for a good reason, I suggest you find 2 more candidates.

Well, when Harald did it alone, it was done efficiently and without
problem.  However, when Danny appointed 5 of them, nothing got done
timely, and sanctions were handed out as long as a month or longer
after an infraction.  I think 1 is the best solution, and I don't
think it is too daunting a tast.

>>  - The GA's rules of conduct and the posting limit (5 posts per day
>>    and individual) will be enforced. In particular, those who are
>>    currently exceeding their posting limit on a regular basis should
>>    make use of the time until the names council teleconference on
>>    Friday to get used to a lower posting frequency again.

> One of the main reasons for the creations of WG's has just been given

Workgroups should only be created for specific purposes and have a
specific lifetime.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux