Re: [ga] Working Groups

Abel and all assembly members or other interested parties,

  As I said, I agree that what you suggest is ONE way of getting a WG
for delete off and running so to speak.  However I also qualified
that if done as you suggest, it will not have the support of the predominance
of the GA members nor could it be a DNSO GA or DNSO recognized
WG.  As such any vote per the DNSO voting system, will likely
not occur and therefore any conclusions from the method you suggest
will be ignored by the rest of the DNSO constituencies and the ICANN
BoD.  Hence Abel why I suggested and urged that a formal request
to the NC  the copying the secretariat FIRST.  Failing a response
or a positive response from the NC in creating the WG/ML for delete,
THAN move forward with your suggestion...

Abel Wisman wrote:

> Jeff and Assembly,
>
> let me snip a few parts, thanks for agreeing in part.
>
> On Monday 14 January 2002 9:11 am, Jeff Williams wrote:
> > Abel and all assembly members,
>
> >   None the less for the most part here I am in agreement with you.
> > However there are a few caveats where problems arise in this
> > creation of a delete WG.
>
> let's tackle them
>
> >You also
> > say below that ISP's can provide the resources for such a WG
> > with ML for this purpose.  Yes they can, but at a price in most
> > instance unless you want to use the Yahoo method,
>
> I also said i would provide if no one else offers, servers plenty and a few
> webistes and maillists have yet to kill me, just shout what you want and i'll
> set it up. no doubt i will have an appropriate domain available.
> (how does woes.org sound ? (jk))
>
> >   The most important reason for making a formal request, as I
> > several times have tried to articulate here and to Eric on the phone
> > three times is that it would put the onus of responsibility on the
> > NC and the secretariat to create such a forum (ML and WG).
>
> Considering my age, and experience in life i see no reason to let someone
> else take responsibility for my actions and or opinions, certainly not if i
> thus also give way to possible interference with free speech and forming of
> opinions. In that case i rather host it and let someone here monitor it.
>
> > If they ignore such a request and the opinion of the GA members
> > from Patrick's Poll, than you would have it documented that
> > the NC and the secretariat are being specifically disruptive to
> > a open and transparent process to adequately deal with an issue
> > in a reasonable manner.  And it would be clear that the NC
> > does not act in a manner that meets that White Paper and the MoU
> > and are not representative of the GA members or the predominance
> > of participating stakeholders.
>
> seeing how the setup is at the moment i think most of the aforementioned is
> some sort of a foregone conclusion.
>
> as i said, i offered it already, see below
>
> again: now is the time we have the resources, the people and the topics that
> justify our actions, what more do we need ?  written permission ?
>
> let's count those votes and announce the workgroup, asking for a ML, if they
> do not provide, i do, as simple as that.
>
> once the workgroup, now under serious time contraints, though mr. Gomes said
> end of January  in his mail to eric and the assmebly, has reached a consensus
> proposal for the GA, the WG can motivate that draft and send it to the GA for
> first appraisal, take suggestions, re-drafts and after either another
> appraisal or not, takes it to a vote on the GA.
>
> simple enough one would say.
>
> regards
>
> abel wisman
>
> > Abel Wisman wrote:
>
> > > We do not need the NC or anyone to supply us with maillists, we can set
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827