Re: [ga] Market research report on WLS pricing

Ron and Assesmbly,

Somewhat interesting reading, but totally non-interesting in a way of
providing answers

What the document tells me is:

A. price for WLS is based on the assumption/research of what the market
will/might accept

B. gross margins on average are badly influenced by Verisign-registrar
pricing and do in the remaining higher priced registrars not deduct the
additional services offered, which have to be priced as well, thus dropping
the average retail price.

C. it does mention the increase of subscription during the remaining time the
"old" snapnames price is effective and draws upon conclusion that are
erroneus, since buying does not mean you think it is a bargain, it only means
that one was going to anyway and now considers a lower price better.

D. Latest rises will no doubt be fed by the insinuations that snapnames
holders will be "grandfathered" in the WLS.

What is does not tell:

A. The cost of the product, build up of cost price, division of revenue
B. The legal base for the product (my "thin air" theme)
C. The effect on the registry's results
D. Why we have to accept such a scheme
E. For what other reason then becoming the monopolist on thin air this scheme
was developed.

It seem to me that the most important matters are not addressed because no
righteous defence can be made.

The strategy is clear; convince the registrars of the profitabillity, thus
reducing the attention on the important questions they might ask, and then
(quote mr. Gomes: It seems the price is the main obstacle) distract the
congregation even more from the real issues by lowering the price shortly
before introduction and then stating "since the price was the main counter
argument we reduced that and now start with our trial-period" in the
knowledge that once that is in place no forces on this earth will be able to
change the schematics adn even if they threaten to do, the monopoly has been
established.

Smart, I must admit, however Iif I were you (I 'm not) I would reserve all of
my profit for some suits against me, since it can be predicted quite easily
that they will follow in hords.

Come to think of it.............

Go with the scheme, within 24 months the registry will be bankrupted by
claimants in court and we will be rid of the entity that tries to
stranglehold the entire internet community.
How do I come to that ? You refusal to answer my theory confirms that it is
right, henceforth the registry is liable on many counts of fraud if this plan
will ever get into place, even if ICANN agrees, there will be more breaches
of law then they can count up.

regards

abel wisman

--