[ga] Future of sub-lists

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 09:40:02 -0800, William X Walsh wrote:

> Wednesday, Wednesday, January 09, 2002, 9:25:17 AM, Patrick Corliss wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:03:43 +1300, David Farrar wrote:
>
> >> I note that there has not been a single post on any of the sub lists
> >> for around three months.  Thus it is probably fair to conclude they
> >> are now redundant
> >>
> >> It is a pity because I actually thought they were potentially useful
> >> but for whatever reasons they haven't worked.
>
> > William X. Walsh killed off the idea with a barrage of criticism.  This
was
> > part of the reason I resigned as Alt Chair.
>
> Ah, yes, passing responsibility for your failures now, Patrick?

LOL, William, you're a card.

> The fact is that you tried to MANDATE the use of those lists and
> forcibly move discussions from the GA list to these lists, and THAT is
> what killed your lists.

Sorry, William, most people on the list couldn't give a shit one way or the
other.  All they wanted was an effective method of communication.

The truth is that if you weren't subscribed the sub-lists would have
succeeded.  You really can take comfort in knowing that you torpedoed the
whole plan.

> People do not want to be subscribed to many
> lists, and people do not want to discussion issues with just a small
> subgroup of those involved.

Spin, William.  They were small because they never had the chance to get off
the ground.

> That is why your lists failed.

Everybody on the GA list knows you are a bully and a wrecker.  Just look at
your latest effort.  On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 08:42:28 -0800, William X. Walsh
wrote:

> I assure you, Ron, you will know who I am before this up, as I have
> made killing this deal one of my primary goals right now.

Like you killed IDNO and the sublists ?

Best regards
Patrick Corliss