Re: [ga] Future of sub-lists

On Wed, 09 Jan 2002 21:03:43 +1300, David Farrar wrote:

> I note that there has not been a single post on any of the sub lists
> for around three months.  Thus it is probably fair to conclude they
> are now redundant
>
> It is a pity because I actually thought they were potentially useful
> but for whatever reasons they haven't worked.

William X. Walsh killed off the idea with a barrage of criticism.  This was
part of the reason I resigned as Alt Chair.   The lists were very carefully
set up to cover the main policy issues.  Danny added [ga-review] in the vain
hope that he could kick start that initiative.

Nevertheless, the [ga-sys] would be particularly useful for a working group on
registration systems including transfers, expiries and whois.

> I would suggest that if there are not substantial objections the new
> GA Chair could delete all the sub lists.  If ever an issue arises in
> future which needs its own lists we can do it on an ad hoc basis.

As we couldn't get the working groups established the Names Council took over
and set up their own with little input from the GA.

That is what is causing us to be ineffectual.

> DPF

Best regards
Patrick Corliss