Re: [ga] Transfer TF / deletions / WG

Subject: Re: [ga] Transfer TF / deletions / WG

On Monday, January 07, 2002 5:55 PM, Eric Dierker wrote:

> > Personally I would like to see our chair use a sublist
> > and set up a real WG on this issue, all members welcome
> > and an extra 5 posts a day on that sublist, {or no limit}
> > for both transfers and deletions.
> >
> > Earlier today Mr. Gomes stated clearly it was not
> > a done deal.
> >
> > Isn't a deletion really an automated transfer.

Hi Genie & Eric

Back in April last year a number of special purpose mailing list were set up.
I saw these as useful for working groups who wished to discuss specific issues
relating to domain name policy.

One such list was [ga-sys].  This was designed to encompass anything to do
with registration systems including transfers and expiries.  However, a few
people opposed the whole idea and without support these so-called "sublists"
have remained dormant.

I would suggest, therefore, that should GA members wish to set up a working
group on this topic, the [ga-sys] mailing list is ready made for the purpose.
People may subscribe to this list by sending an email to majordomo@dnso.org
with the following words in the body of the text:

subscribe ga-sys

As a reminder, I append the original proposed agenda for [ga-sys] below.
However, I don't believe the list will succeed without setting up a working
group.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss