Re: [ga] Transfer TF / deletions / WG

Sounds like a most reasonable proposition, one that might actually bare some
fruit for the "problem" at hand instead of fast marketing ideas, to which i
might add we can add another 10 if need be with likewise "funny" results for
the registrars or the registry and even some in which the re-sellers (i know
they don't exits) can make some pennies, but of course never the "inventor"
of said domain.

Did we btw, ever emphasise that due to the "difficulties" and "barriers" to
"proof" ownership of a domain AND the lack of a decent registry with actual
correct addresses and or email-addresses, people loose domains no matter
what? Did we know that often they happen to be the most sought after domains?
Do we honestly think that those "valuable" domains are only valuable to some
speculator or us?  Do we really think that had the owner been able, or had he
existed, that he would not "cash in" on this domain, once he no longer wanted
it?  Or are we so blind in seeking for more money making ways that we simply
forget these facts?

I have yet to see one person asking why such "vauable" domains get on a
deletion list.
But once i saw someone (sorry forgot who) mention one of the few "facts" that
passed by, once an owner no longer wishes to renew his domain, it becomes
non-existant.<period>
non existant means that anyone in the world can register said domain, without
any additional cost, it becomes a "normal" new registration.

NO ONE owns the domain BUT the registrant until he drops it.
Domains can have added value, due to the nature of their name or due to the
work of the previous registrant, but in both cases it remains HIS or HERS
until deletion, after that it no longer exist.

considering this, can we please drop all these great "auction", "subscription
(without telling the owner)" ideas,  you are trying to sell air, very thin
air.

There is one basis in trade: in order to sell something, you must first own
it, or have the permission from the owner to sell it. I see neither covered
in all of these fancy proposals.

And finally, the problems of Verisign may be known to (some?) registrars,
they are not known to the community at large, hence not to the full GA
subscribers and participants, NOR do i see any action taken from the side of
Verisign to address these problems or to explain as to WHY they do not take
any action. All that is known is the information that resulted in the batch
drop method, after hording millions of domains (didn't mr. Gomes state that
never a domain was dropped late?) and this information clearly indicates two
things: 1. verisign has a TECHNICAL problem (the registry) and 2. Verisign is
looking for more revenue.

Again i emplore, let's get to basics of the problems, and this idea/proposal
from mr. Dieker seems a good start.

abel wisman

--
Abel Wisman