[ga] Re: DNSO NC TF on Structure-Discussion paper

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001 14:39:33 EST, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

>David Farrar wrote:  "Please note it is not a position paper of the Taskforce
>but a paper drafted by the TF Chair as a starting point."
>
>I would ask why are we even discussing this paper if the Terms of Reference
>upon which it is predicated haven't even been voted upon by the members of
>this TF?
>
>I would also ask to see the record of the vote taken to ratify Phil Sheppard
>as the Chair of this TF.  NC procedures state:  (3.2)  "In the case of a task
>force the NC typically chooses to ratify the election of a chair by the task
>force itself."  So far, no vote has been held of which I am aware.  Why?
>
>If the Chair has not been ratified and the Terms of Reference have not been
>voted upon, why are we then even bothering at this point to discuss Phil's
>opinions on the At-Large?

On the Taskforce list I raised the issue of the Chairmanship and was
told the Names Council had appointed Philip as Chair.  I did point out
that this is not minuted anywhere and haven't had a response to this.

However having made this point I did not consider it was in the GA's
best interests for me to refuse to participate until such proof was
provided.  I have no doubt that if push came to shove the Names
Council would back Philip to be the Chair of the Taskforce.  With very
tight deadlines for response I chose to move on and contribute on more
substantive issues.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com