Re: [ga] Chair Elections and funding for the chair

Eric and all assembly members,

  Any choice, as long as it is the will by vote of the assembly members
cannot be the wrong choice.

  I agree that the next DNSO GA Chair should have a salary and some
money for traveling and ancillary expenses.  However YOU Eric were
either unwilling or unable to make that happen after accepting the
challenge of being in charge of funding for the GA.  As such, the
next Chair will be crippled to that extent, which will be significant
unless rectified.  Perhaps you could again prevail upon you
company to sponsor the Chair's budget for next year?

  Although I can appreciate your political rhetoric to the contrary
to democratic process, I cannot abide by a method that would
contemplate otherwise.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> I do not think one person should be required, nor are they able to both
> run the GA and lobby on the outside.
> Well maybe if they were paid 200k a year with nothing else to do.
>
> I really think the recent NC choice not to change our chair system was
> meant to keep us crippled.
>
> But we can overcome this by nominating and then electing two folks to
> run the GA.
>
> Perhaps the two existing nominees out there - Jefsey and Kristee could
> do this quite well. Their plates are already full but they are both fine
> advocates and administrators.
>
> The wrong choices here could be the death knell of the GA.
>
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827