Re: [ga] Final Review Task Force Report

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:02:17 -0800 (PST), Rick H Wesson
<wessorh@ar.com> wrote:

>On the issue of monies, the GA can do what every other DNSO constituency
>does:

Actually it is not that simple.

>   o find someone you trust
>   o have that person open a trust account
>   o elect officers (chair, co-chair, and treasurer)

The NC appoints our chair under ICANN bylaws.  We have no power of
general competence to elect officers.

>   o levy dues

Unlike constituencies we have no ability to levy dues and/or remove
people for non payment.  Our role is defined in the ICANN bylaws.

>   o spend the money in the interest of the GA.
>   o report how monies are spent, leave an accountable paper
>     trail for the public to evaluate the good faith effort.
>
>There is nothing preventing the GA from doing the above.

The ICANN bylaws do.

A group of individuals could do the above but that would not be the
same as the GA doing it.

DPF

--
david@farrar.com