Re: [ga] Internet stability

Actually I see no difference between establishing policies to ensure that TLDs
dont go dark and establishing policies to ensure that whole address blocks have
some failover.  It is a matter of ensuring confidence in the service.  As for
the marketplace absorbing failure, in the matter of certain services its not so
easy.  I think if, as you say, its analogous to the consumer inconvenience that
customers experience from airline failure....then there is no need for an ICANN
to be in the business of oversight on IP or DNS issues as they are now.