Additional comments - Re: [ga] Internet stability

You know, we may be reaching the point where e-mail could, hypothetically ,
be considered and "Essential Service" much like "Postal Service" or
"telephone service"

Dont be too surprised to see, as a result of a massive "potential failure"
(like AT&T's " @home" bankruptcy) , a "regulatory style" movement towards
declaration of e-mail as this type of service.

We all know that the legitamite e-mail volume (not counting "spam")  both
within the USA and world wide is "staggering" and the impact on business as
well as personal communications is significant (witness the fact that i
recieve most of my bills by e-mail rather than thru the "snail mail") of any
significant lost of this capability would be devistating.

Given this assumption, don't be too surprised to see governmental agencies
"jumping"  on this issue in a big way and developing policies & guidelines
for "assurance of continual e-mail service"

 ken stubbs