Re: [ga] Re: forum.icann.org for the ALSC Report?

Stuart, Danny and all assembly members, stakeholders or interested parties,

  Thank you for finally responding to at least one of the stakeholders
in your note to Danny below.  Very magnanimous of you, if I may
say so.

  Your reference below in your note to Danny and the DNSO GA
assembly members is at least some sort of answer, al be it seemingly
weak and after the fact by quite some time margin.  But of course
many of the stakeholders, myself and our members included, have
become accustom to the less than timely manner in which the ICANN
staff, including yourself have treated and addressed the stakeholder
community.  I am sure that many of us stakeholders are hopeful that
a much more responsive and interactive communication with us
by the ICANN staff and BoD will forthcoming.

M. Stuart Lynn wrote:

> Danny:
>
> Thank you for your note. I am sure it is no surprise to you to learn
> that work is already underway to create a new mechanism for the
> Internet community to submit comments. In the meantime, those
> interested can continue to submit their comments to the ALSC Forum at
> http://www.atlargestudy.org/forum.shtml.
>
> With regards
> Stuart
>
> At 3:08 PM -0500 11/30/01, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
> >Stuart,
> >
> >Now that the Board has requested public comments on the ALSC report, when
> >will ICANN create a Public Discussion Forum at http://forum.icann.org/  to
> >accomodate such comments?
> >
> >If such a Forum is not created that is readily apparent to the public and
> >properly publicized, how do you expect to receive the At-Large input that you
> >ostensibly seek?
> >

> >Further resolved [01.126] that the Board invites comments on the ALSC Final
> >Report from the Internet community as a whole, including the DNSO Names
> >Council, the ASO Address Council and the PSO Protocol Council, and requests
> >that any such comments be submitted within 45 days from the date of this
> >Resolution;
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Danny Younger
>
> --
>
> __________________
> Stuart Lynn
> President and CEO
> ICANN
> 4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
> Marina del Rey, CA 90292
> Tel: 310-823-9358
> Fax: 310-823-8649
> Email: lynn@icann.org

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827