Re: [ga] Re: [council] TF Transfers

Joanna and all assembly members,

  I wish to join Joanna here in her condemnation of this Task Forces
antics.  I do so however without conditions or any reservation.  Our
[INEGroup] members have always been for open and transparent
discussion and debate on important issues regarding the interests
of the Registrants and stakeholders, regardless of their dispensation
or relationship.

  I as the spokesman for our [INEGroup] members also wish to
express without reservation that and in keeping with other
assembly members that shared a rejection that any individual
Assembly member currently represents the GA members
in this matter with respect to a "Registrant Representative".

Joanna Lane wrote:

> Madam Chair,
>
> Let me state for the record that I, for one, will condemn this Task Force if
> it proceeds without granting a single vote to the individual registrant
> community, and I mean on each and every issue put before this Task Force in
> line with other stakeholder groups that are deemed worthy of participation.
>
> This argument is entirely of your own making. While you and Philip have both
> been throwing your weight around for all the world to see on both the
> Transfer TF and NC mailing lists, you have been actively discouraging any
> means of open debate on what is generally regarded by the majority of those
> involved as a hugely inconvenient but largely valid issue related to its
> core task.
>
> Over the last week or so, I have provided a proper basis to the Names
> Council that clearly establishes why a serious problem relating to
> participation has arisen, a problem that undermines the very validity of the
> results the TF can produce. The GA representative and myself are not now the
> only ones to question the make-up of this Task Force and it is in *nobody's*
> best interests to suggest trivial solutions such as one off teleconferences
> involving a short list of registrants will solve the problem of *ongoing*
> participation in deliberations and doing so only insults our intelligence.
>
> My willingness to participate in the most helpful way possible has so far
> been been met by firm resistance, including the removal of posting
> privileges to the various lists in which these issues are being discussed.
> You will not even grant me the common courtesy of a right to reply to the
> various proposals, each of which has merits, neither the opportunity to
> rebutt your own and Philip's judgemental remarks in any venue where other
> stakeholders will likely hear my voice. This in itself constitutes denial of
> the rights of this individual registrant to participate in the process. Am I
> right?
>
> And now you have the audacity to cook up your own little scheme that denies
> every single individual registrant that exists in the world any vote in the
> process, and attempts to thrust this upon this group a pre-conceived
> solution decided behind closed doors that does not involve them save for one
> measly teleconference. Well, I'm sorry, but I will not reduce my
> participation in this organization to the level of bartering with a barrow
> boy in a flea market for rotten apples.
>
> Your duty is to conduct yourself "on the record" with respect to all matters
> pertaining to the "top job" in this Task Force and *if* you have received
> various conflicting views that have caused you to arrive at a conclusion,
> then I really must insist that you disclose these for the record, so that a
> proper public record of procedures you undertake is created, one that can be
> used to hold you and the results of this task Force accountable, including
> [...]

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827