Re: [ga] Watch Dog Committee

On 30 Nov, Patrick Corliss wrote :

> Could you advise, please, whether both are employees?  If so who are they
> employed by, exactly?  And more to the point, who is their "boss"?

DNSO Secretariat is contracted by ICANN. We are taking orders from the Names Council Chairman, Philip Sheppard.

> problems which would occur and which DNSO Sec would not like to take
> responsability for.
>
> Whose opinion is that, may I ask?  Glen or Phillipe or both?

Both. Philippe is one l two p.

> Perhaps you can also say why you need so many watch dogs?

This has been decided in the rules of the Secretariat by he Names COuncil and not by the Secretariat itself.

> > DNSO Sec.
>
> Do you both review each other's emails?  Or can we assume that you
> automatically agree with each other all the time?

The DNSO Secretariat signature is used when the opinion has been reviewed by both.