Re: [ga] Objective of a GA member

Eric,

On 27 Nov 2001, at 19:37, Eric Dierker wrote:

> 1.    Why are you monitoring?

To find potential for co-operations and get an impression on the
overall opinion about ICANN issus from people who are somehow
involved.

> 2.    Why do you participate?

To get an answer or an opinion about own strategies and find
partners. This implies a kind of reserve against personal and political
discussions.

> 3.    What do you expect of the GA?

To bundle and mirror the opinion of its members. To represent that
opinion officially. To be usable as a plattform for exchange between
its members and so get the development of the internet go further.

> 4.    Name your four favorite GA participants.

No personal comment.

> 5.    Name your least favorite GA participants.

No personal comment.

> 6.    Are you in favor of the ALSC proposal?

No. ALSC is ICANN staff driven. The proposal for the building of an At-
Large-community itself is okay. The ALSC proposal doesn't meet a
real at-large community in my opinion.

> 7.    Do you want an IDNH So?

Yes. IDNH ensures a long term usability of the internet through its
users.

> 8.     Is staff doing a proper job?
>
> 9.    Is the BoD doing a proper job?
>
> 10.    Is the NC doing a proper job?

Criticism is ever a light job. And doing the job is much more difficult
as not doing it. I have no criteria to judge how staff, BoD or NC are
doing their job. I just can say which decisions are good to me and
which not. Since I didn't discuss the issues until now, I have no right
to criticize, whether in a constructive fashion or not.

Regards,
Pascal
Pascal Bernhard
cube
Geschäfte werden von Menschen gemacht...
pbernhard@cube.de
http://cube.de/
http://boroon.de/
FON: +49-6352-753725