Re: [ga] Objective of a GA member

On 04:37 28/11/01, Eric Dierker said:
>1.    Why are you monitoring?

Alert on ICANN dangers.

>2.    Why do you participate?

Try to oppose to this dangers and gain experience from others.

>3.    What do you expect of the GA?

Keep going as it is and as a pool of resources for dedicated interest self
created groups.

>4.    Name your four favorite GA participants.

all of them. The interest of the GA are the others. Whatever crazy is a
position, it is a real position even if dishonest.

>5.    Name your least favorite GA participants.

the absentees.

>6.    Are you in favor of the ALSC proposal?

no. It is only a way to give 6 seats to the US gTLDs instead of 9. True
@large is the extension of the GA to ASO and PSO and others possible SOs
(conceived as open Constituency clubs).

@large are the people feeling concerned by the ICANN share in the Internet
governance. They are those who joined an SO Member organizations
(constituency, ISOC, etc..) and got already an indirect vote to elect 9 BoD
Directors. Here we only want to organize their direct vote (as there is a
House and a Senate): it only means that every "GA" level members of the SO
is entitled to directly vote for a Director. Anyone can join when he wants
and participate to what he wants. Makes perhaps 5000 people.

Millions people will only be Registry/Registrars captured ICANN ignorants
voting for Registry/Registrars candidates.

>7.    Do you want an IDNH So?

The situation has evolved since the early ICANN days as the Registrars came
in, etc... The need is for a Registrant Constituency with three main
orientations: individual, bulk and ccTLD registration managers. The
importance is on the "individual" not as a single person, but as a
concerned unique person facing a multi faced monster.

>8.     Is staff doing a proper job?

Unfortunately yes, its mission being absurd. However I feel the IANA
management is not given enough means to be carried properly. The IANA
database (which actually is the USG root) is not accurate.

>9.    Is the BoD doing a proper job?

No. Period. The ICANN job is to manage a three pages Excel folder, to
establish a few ICP with the SOs establishing the criteria to be listed on
these pages and to check that these prerequisites are fulfilled. Anything
else is mission creep. Staff should be reduced to three to five people.

>10.    Is the NC doing a proper job?

NC carries no job that anyone seems to be aware of. Yet it certainly shares
in the ICANNcer through the confusion and costs it creates.

Jefsey