Re: [ga] Names Council Task Forces

on 11/28/01 3:53 AM, DPF at david@farrar.com wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 04:49:54 +1100, "Patrick Corliss"
> <patrick@quad.net.au> wrote:
>
>> (3)    How is it that you have secured posting rights to the Names Council
>> mailing list?  I thought membership was tightly controlled.   Or is it that
>> all task force members have been given these privileges?
>
> This was addressed to Joanna but I may be able to assist here.  Unless
> it has changed in the last few days my understanding has been that
> anyone at all can post to NC e-mail list.  In the archives are many
> e-mails from non NC members.
>
> DPF

David,
Thank you. The only reason this went to the NC list is because Philip
addressed me directly and copied it to the NC list, hence I sent the reply
to all, and it appeared on the NC list, which fits with my understanding of
protocol, that there would be a right of reply.

However, having done exactly the same thing yesterday with my reply to
Marilyn's comments to me, also copied to the council list, this has not
posted, so I am just wondering whether you are correct.

To add to the confusion, this one topic is now being discussed on the
Transfer list at the same time and I notice also that Philip is now copying
his comments to both the NC and the Transfer list, which is odd, because as
far as I'm aware, he is no more a member of the Transfer Task Force than I
am. That aside, Caroline then posted a question about my participation on
the Transfer list, to which I replied to her directly, with a suggestion
that it be passed on to other Task Force members on the list. This also has
not appeared in the archive.

I'm just wondering how much more complicated we can make it for those
involved to keep up with what's going on...:-) In the meantime, in order to
straighten out my side of the story for the GA at least, I'm going to repost
my letters to Marilyn and Caroline to this list after I this.

Regards,

Joanna

The URLs for Best Practices:
DNSO Citation: http://www.dnso.org/dnso/gaindex.html
(Under "Other Information Documents")

Part I: Introduction, Principles and Definitions
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BestPractices.html
Part II: Flow Chart
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-flowchart.pdf
(Access to the .pdf file requires installing the Adobe Acrobat
Reader, which is available for free down load at
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.)
Part III - Time Line Guide
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010813.GA-BP-PartIII.html