Re: [ga] DNSO/BC's suicide

This is truly interesting.  The BC is now not interested in business that
simply have a presence on the Internet, leaving out the majority of
businesses in the world.  So those businesses that may specialize in
services, professionals (attorneys, doctors, etc), consultants, portals,
communities offering notice of services, restaurants who post their
menues, hotels that post information, Software companies that do not
sell directly on-line, distributors, B2B companies, manufacturers,
customer support companies, construction companies, and a myriad of
others will no longer qualify as members of the BC.  There must be
millions of businesses that do not do business directly with customers
online, but have a presence on the Net to advertise themselves, or use
the net for things other than the WWW - extranets, mail exchangers...

How far is this going to go?  Good work, Names Council and BC.  Keep
degrading ICANN's legitimacy as a bottom up organization that includes
the Internet community.