[ga] Re: how many roots must DNS have before it's considered broken (Re: ISP network design of non-authoritative caches)

  • To: "Steven M. Bellovin" <smb@research.att.com>, "Simon Higgs" <simon@higgs.com>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: how many roots must DNS have before it's considered broken (Re: ISP network design of non-authoritative caches)
  • From: "Jim Fleming" <jfleming@anet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:33:54 -0600
  • Cc: <ga@dnso.org>
  • Sender: owner-ga@dnso.org

From: "Steven M. Bellovin" smb@research.att.com
"Sure -- my estimate is that that will take ~8 years"

.BIZ existed long before ICANN...
http://www.dot-biz.com/TimeLine/
People are advised to register in BOTH of
the IPv4 .BIZ registries, for reliable and
redundant DNS service.

8 years ?....incremental approaches are here now...
http://www.dot-biz.com/DNS101/

Jim Fleming
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
http://www.Register-BIZ.com